IMG Applicant Requirements
- A minimum of 2 months of hands-on direct clinical experience in a US or Canadian accredited teaching hospital. We will not interview candidates who have not obtained this required clinical experience. Observerships or externship without direct clinical responsibility for patients do not meet this criteria
- In order to be considered for a position in our program, applicants from medical schools located outside the US and Canada MUST have graduated from medical school in the last 6 years.
- Passed USMLE Step I & II Knowledge test on the first attempt
- Passed USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills on the first attempt
- USMLE Step 3 is not required to apply
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- You must be eligible for an ECFMG Certificate in order to apply. We require that you submit your ECGMG certificate through ERAS BEFORE February 1st. We are required to have an ECFMG certificate on file for every IMG intern who matches with our training programs.
- All applicants who match with us are responsible for all visa fees
- Matched applicants will be advised as to which Visa they are eligible for by their Program Director and the Yale Office of Graduate Medical Education.
- All matched applicants must obtain a valid visa prior to intern orientation (around June 12 yearly).
- J1 Visa: We encourage J1 visas for eligible matched applicants. We refer matched interns to the ECFMG website regarding all the necessary paperwork.
- H1-b Visa: Should you be eligible for H1-b visa, we will refer you to a legal office regarding the necessary paperwork.